October 9, 2007

3g Huawei on a MacBook Pro


Just wanted recommend you guys that have access to 3g technology, to try out the 3g card from Huawei.
I have used it for a few months now, and it really is uber nice. Always connected, and no worries the cost, as it is flat rate!!! The few tests I have performed with the Huawei 3G/HSDPA/EDGE-modem have been regarding it's possibilities to stay connected, while in a car, or lets say a high speed train. To my big surprise, I actually managed to stay online to surf and play poker on a flawless connection for three long hours, averaging a speed of about 60-70 miles/hour. No more WiFi hot spot hunting or "loaning bandwidth" from an open WiFi net. So If you have access to a 3g net in your area, I would really consider trying it out if I were you. The speed is all very dependant on your signal strength, but the maximum speed is now in theory at 7.2 Mbit. I have managed to get about 3.3 Mbit, downloading from a University FTP site. Well, anyway, check it out.